Monday, January 18, 2010

Magenta (head part 4)

I made a mould and a few casts of the heads. I primed with Mr. Surfacer and painted with Vallejo Model Color and Andrea Color vinyl acrylics.
There was a bit of a disaster with 2 of the heads, I didn't wash and prime the heads properly. So some parts refused to take paint. Also during transport, some paint chipped off. So you see head no. 2 and 4 in an alcohol bath to remove the paint.1 of the heads survived though. So I did a quick paint up. It's looks quite decent: asian and just a wee bit androgynous. Although it's very tempting to use this head, I'm still convinced that it's underscale. Next up...painted prototype head no. 4

No comments: