Sunday, January 4, 2009

Custom Stikfas Mazinger Z GO!

Here's the beginning of a project that has been swirling in mind for a while now.The super giant robot that started it all. One of my earliest memories of watching cartoon TV. I guess the idea of a pilot's cockpit visible on top of a robot is so ingrained in me. I find this concept totally appealing. You can see it's evolution in the trex mech. It's a theme that I am eager to explore further in my future projects.
So the white dude on the left is a stikfas figure, about 2.5 inches tall. The picture on the right is a mazinger Z toy I have that has really nice proportions but bad articulation (but this is another project altogether). The goal is to customize the stikfas to look like mazinger Z. I'll do this primarily with the paint work. There's a bit of modelling to be done - mostly on the head and the addition of the trademark chest pieces. I'm quite eager to see how this one turns out.

No comments: